Thursday, January 13, 2011

Working from home

I'm working from home this week. I don't normally do this, even though I can just about manage to do most things I would normally do in the office. I like to go into the office as I get more of a chance to liaise with others at work, even on a social level. Working from home has its advantages (TV breaks and good coffee) but I feel like I'm off sick without being sick. Daytime TV !!!! Since when has that become so bad (OK, so I do take lots of TV breaks)! Even though the distractions are more, the interruptions from my boss and colleagues are removed, so overall I think I'm as productive, if not more, from home.

This week's working from home has been self-imposed, as I have builders around doing some work on my house. I hate this. I love the result, but I hate the process. I hate strangers coming into my home and basically setting up camp in my private space. They're courteous, polite and respectful but that doesn't make my feeling of being violated subside. Yes, I know, I brought this in myself. It was me that wanted new floors put in and a wall knocked down. So I have only myself to blame. That doesn't mean I have to like what's happening.

No comments: