Monday, November 8, 2010

The 'X' Factor et. al.

Do any of you out there know about the 'X' Factor? How about Britain's/America's Got Talent? I was blissfully ignorant of them when I lived abroad, but now I'm back living in the UK, they're all pervasive on TV. You just can't avoid them, short of switching off the box for good. No time of year is 'reality TV' free. Football has its season, as does rugby, tennis, golf, cricket etc. Even the Proms don't go on forever. But reality TV is a never-ending irritation. It's all fixed, even though it professes to involve the audience through paid voting etc. The papers are full of it and, alas, a few greedy, self-centered, egotistical people are the ones to profit.

2 comments:

Delirious in the Desert said...

I know what you mean....now tell me that you have seen those crazy Bride shows!!! THAT is cringe-worthy for sure ;)

Desertman said...

Thankfully I don't stray too deeply into reality TV shows. I watch about 5 minutes of them then switch off in disgust!!