Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A long year

It's been a long, long year and it's only early April. I've been back to Oman for a couple of weeks and loved it - seeing old friends again and showing my partner where I lived for so many years was great and fulfilling. The holiday was both relaxing and filled with activities. Lots of time was spent at the beach (mainly Qurm and Shatti Qurm as they're my "home" beaches). I played golf ... on grass ... at the Wave! Nice. Wadi A'Shab was a disappointment - so dirty and devoid of character now. I guess it was badly affected by Gonu. The Chedi is great for an evening out. Almost got to go to the Royal Opera House but a screw up in timing meant we couldn't. Still that's something for next time. Shangri-la was a bit of a disappointment. It has no character whatsoever - just vacant opulence. Still, the beach cafe was nice. The Grand Mosque was awesome. Overall - a wonderful escape from the UK winter and a fabulous return to Oman. It's a pity it went so quickly.

Sadly, my Mum died in February. No matter how much you prepare for something like this it still comes as an awful shock and you grieve terribly. Two months later and I still find myself grieving. The process is long and difficult but I'll get there in the end.

Spring has come to the UK. We had 24 degC a couple of weeks ago. Now it is snowing in Scotland. Typical spring - there's not a better place to be at this time of year.

So a lot has happened in 3 short months.

No comments: