Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Drip Drip Drip .....

So there I was enjoying a nice weekend away in London when I got a call from my neighbour at 7.30am on a Sunday morning. Now when I saw his name on my phone at such an early hour I knew it wasn't good news. Boy was I right!

"Come back quickly", he implored me. "There's water pouring into the flat below yours and into the one below that!"

I've never moved so quickly!

Bathroom flooded, torrents of water cascading down into the nearest two flats underneath me. Horrendous!

Thank God for insurance. Didn't have to pay a penny. Got a new toilet (it had been the cause) and bathroom floor for free. I even got them to replace the old sink to match the new toilet.

So here's me now visiting kitchen suppliers and thinking on how I can cause just a little leak in there :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what insurance co do you use?