Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where is everybody?

I'm feeling a little lonely. OK, I know I don't post entries onto this blog that often, but I have had no subscribers yet - not a one! I guess it is a classic "chicken and the egg" situation....I don't post often because I feel I'm writing to myself, but if someone followed me I'd feel obliged to be a bit more active. I'm too shy to try and solicit interest in my blog. I have a lot to say, but standing up and telling it to a room full of empty chairs is not really so rewarding. I post comments on others' blogs, together with the link to mine, but no-one has yet joined me in mine.

Oh well....I'll keep going.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep going - and be controversial or dig behind the scenes as that keeps the interest

Desertman said...

Wow, a comment! Thanks! I'll do my best to attract attention, but it is difficult getting noticed as a blogger! Thanks for responding!

Angry In Oman said...

I only just found out that you existed... I'll put you on my blog list!

Delirious in the Desert said...

Don't despair, you just gotta start being more active.

What's the saying "Build it and people will come"?

It kinda applies and then doesn't :) So much for trying to have something poignant to say ;)

Will start reading you from now, if you regularly post. I should also follow my own advice. I'm still in holiday mode...

Desertman said...

Thanks for the last two comments (Angry and Delirious)!! Much appreciated. it's a bit like a chicken and egg thing ....now I know someone is watching I'll post more!